Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I have sanded and primed my bath cabinets,what kind of paint will i need?

I remodeling my bathroom cabinets and they are ready for the paint,what kind should I use,I mean,high gloss,egg shell,I want to add color so no staining.Every store I go to tells me something different.Thanks in advance for the help!I have sanded and primed my bath cabinets,what kind of paint will i need?
hello,first question,what kind of paint is on the cabs?you absoluty can use water-base primer on a oil base paint.thats how you seal it. i recomend krylon,it gives good coverage and isnt too runny.i know theres a lot more to it than that but if you want great results then this is what you need to do...I have sanded and primed my bath cabinets,what kind of paint will i need?
I use mud
go to home depot they will tell you
Well you can really use any type of finish you like, as long as you follow really the basic 2 rules for an area thats going to have an exposure to a lot of moisture.





1. Use an oil based primer, it will hold paint better and greatly reduce the chances of bleeding


2. Use a latex based paint, something with a much glossier finish such as Semi-gloss or high-gloss will most definately hold your paint to the wood and keep it looking great.





Go To Home Depot and go with Behr, it really is great paint

No comments:

Post a Comment